Workplace and Employment Disputes
Where a relationship exists within the workplace, there is possibility for tension, issues or disputes to arise. Mediation is very successful in managing and resolving all forms of workplace dispute and is used equally to resolve matters before the issue of claims arise or to mediate after a claim has been lodged. Karen’s experience as an employment lawyer and business person gives her an in-depth understanding of the legal, commercial and personal issues that face parties and their employers in such disputes.
- Issues over performance reviews
- Intercultural disputes
- Workplace bullying and harassment disputes
- Reward and remuneration issues
- Health and safety issues
- Changes in job description
- Return to work; illness; absence from work
- Union issues
- Maternity leave
- HR department issues
Benefits of Mediation in Workplace and Employment Disputes
- Mediation provides a safe, impartial place for employees to air their grievances
- Equalises power imbalances
- Reduces sick leave
- Improves the atmosphere in the workplace / environment
- Increases dignity at work
- Resolves issues quickly and in private
- Improves performance
Why work with Us
- Ethics and Expertise
Karen Erwin is our main Mediator and she has a wide experience both in relation to numbers of mediations but also in range and diversity of issues covered. She works nationally and internationally and is a leader in her field both in Ireland and abroad. Karen is a strong mediator who is skilled in handling challenging / difficult mediations. Karen, and all of our mediators agree to the MII code of conduct which sets out the ground rules for how mediators conduct themselves.
- Organisation and Administration
At EMS we arrange everything to do with the mediation, co-ordinating the parties and managing the documents. We are also qualified to draft legally binding agreements immediately.
- Aftercare and Ongoing Relationship
We believe that it is important to ensure that all parties are have a successful outcome to the mediation and provide a post mediation service to ensure that the mediation has had the desired outcomes and to provide the basis for an ongoing relationship.
- Read more about Karen Erwin’s credentials