Having been a commercial litigator Karen is expert at mediating complex commercial and business disputes including boardroom and shareholder disputes, joint venture and business partnerships as well as partnership disagreements.
A strong mediator, Karen Erwin is adept at dealing with challenging and complex conflicts between parties within a commercial context. Karen works both all over Ireland and internationally.
Situations that may benefit from Commercial Mediation include:
- Breach of contract
- Sale of goods and supply of services
- Intellectual property
- Debt collection
- Insurance & shipping
- Banking and finance
- Construction and building contracts
Benefits of Mediation in Commercial Disputes
- Mediation provides for broader parameters than litigation
- Mediation is private and thus protects the organisation from embarrassing public scrutiny that may affect organisational reputation and performance
- Mediation produces legally binding agreements (unless specified otherwise)
- Mediation is exceptionally swift in dealing with issues and preventing the escalation of issues or the degeneration of relationships
- Mediation can lead to the negotiation of mutually beneficial resolutions
- Mediation can produce creative solutions that help to maintain ongoing commercial relationships
- Mediation is extremely cost effective
Why work with Us
- Ethics and Expertise
Karen Erwin is our principal Mediator. As a previous commercial litigator Karen has extensive experience in commercial mediation and a broad expertise in the range and diversity of issues she has covered. Karen is a qualified legal professional and as such she is able to draft legally binding documents expediently and efficiently. She works nationally and internationally and is a leader in her field both in Ireland and abroad. Karen is a strong mediator who is skilled in handling challenging / difficult mediations. Karen, and all of our mediators agree to the MII code of conduct and the Mediation Act 2017 which sets out the ground rules for how mediators conduct themselves.
- Organisation and Administration
At EMS we organise and administer all aspects of the mediation, co-ordinating all of the parties involved and managing all documentation. We are also qualified to draft legally binding agreements in-house with immediate effect.
- Aftercare and Ongoing Relationship
We believe that it is important to ensure that all parties are have a successful outcome to the mediation and provide a post mediation service to ensure that the mediation has had the desired outcomes and to provide the basis for an ongoing relationship.