Boardroom and Shareholder Disputes
All organisations, whether private companies, public companies, the public service, partnerships or family businesses, have inherent areas of possible dispute. Pursuing settlement through litigation can be costly, lengthy and very public. Mediation offers an avenue which can be explored separately or as part of a corporate conflict resolution strategy.
Erwin Mediation are experienced in mediating the following situations:
- Private company disputes
- Shareholder disputes
- Partnership disputes
- Partnership dissolution
- Family business conflict
- Restructuring issues
- Public service issues
- Public and private partnerships
- Board performance management
Benefits of Mediation in Boardroom and Shareholder Disputes
- Mediation provides for broader parameters than litigation
- Mediation is private and thus protects the organisation from embarrassing public scrutiny that may affect organisational reputation and performance
- Mediation produces legally binding agreements (unless specified otherwise)
- Mediation is exceptionally swift in dealing with issues and preventing the escalation of issues or the degeneration of relationships
- Our Mediators can become trusted partners serving multiple needs of the organisation
Why work with Us
- Ethics and Expertise
Karen Erwin is our principal Mediator. Karen has extensive experience in Corporate and Boardroom mediation and a broad expertise in the range and diversity of issues she has covered. Karen is a qualified legal professional and as such she is able to draft legally binding documents expediently and efficiently. She works nationally and internationally and is a leader in her field both in Ireland and abroad. Karen is a strong mediator who is skilled in handling challenging / difficult mediations. Karen, and all of our mediators agree to the MII code of conduct and the Mediation Act 2017 which sets out the ground rules for how mediators conduct themselves.
- Organisation and Administration
At EMS we organise and administer all aspects of the mediation, co-ordinating all of the parties involved and managing all documentation. We are also qualified to draft legally binding agreements in-house with immediate effect.
- Aftercare and Ongoing Relationship
We believe that it is important to ensure that all parties are have a successful outcome to the mediation and provide a post mediation service to ensure that the mediation has had the desired outcomes and to provide the basis for an ongoing relationship.